19 December 2010

Prompt 18: "Try" #Reverb10

December 18 – Try
What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?
(Author: Kaileen Elise)
 In 2011 I'd like to try living outside of Florida.  There. It's said, it's written, let it be done.

I don't think there was anything specific I had in mind for 2010 except to seek out happiness and find a job.  I did get a job, but it was more of a series of fortunate events that lead to it more than serious and consistent efforts on my part.  When I was looking for a job I found many job listings, but they all had so many applicants I wasn't surprised I was lost in the herd. When I didn't "go for it" I didn't get it, I don't know what big insight that's supposed to impart.  Not doing something means that thing doesn't happen.  Maybe it's just good to remind ourselves of that, especially if you're an expert at avoidance and procrastination.


1 comment:

  1. New England is a nice place to live... just sayin' ;-)

    ReplyDelete