14 August 2011

Day 7


Hello from Blogspot! I finally tracked down my new year's resolution blog, and since it was so cleverly titled amgrowing I have decided to keep it. I also purchased (relatively inexpensive) a blog app that will let me upload my pictures into posts directly. I hope to bring over days 1-6 in a later post, and if I can, postdate it to appear before this one. Also, I may be setup to double tweet posts, if so I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Yesterday I got to talk with a few friends and friendly voices and it was nice. I took a little walk because it was absolutely beautiful weather and there were hundreds of canadian geese roosting in a nearby field.



One of my friends asked how I felt about South Dakota (the 3rd best Dakota according to him). I said that the weather is beautiful, the rolling hills are covered in emerald green corn stalks under crystal clear blue skies harboring cool breezes and bright sunshine. I said the people here are friendly and helpful, honest, hard working, grounded, and more attractive on average. I said the food has been plentiful and filling and it's been exciting to harvest in vegetables to eat daily. But I also said that my friends aren't here to enjoy it all with me, which means that South Dakota sucks.

My cousin who lives here says that it has a lot of things wrong with it, I think this state has a lot more right than wrong but it still isn't the fit for me. There may be some neighbors that are similar and a better fit, but for now it's close enough.

I started the day with a bang. Well, someone started my day with a bang, at least. Those geese I mentioned? Open season started at dawn and my uncle had given permission to about a dozen different hunters so the peace of sleeping with an open window (cool breezes, remember!) was completely disrupted by the opening salvos of machismo around 6am. I closed my window and tried to doze through the gunshots (think strand of firecrackers, they must have been terrible shots or hunting for bulk). I did have work today but it really wasn't bad. Monday will be very tough. After work I treated myself to some Milky Way (Like a Dairy Queen) that reminded me of a friend that use to live in the apartments behind the ice cream stand and now lives in Shanghai.

The differences between a trip and moving tend to involve paying rent, getting groceries, and doing laundry. Well I went to the laundromat today and washed all the clothes from the past week. I could probably push it to two weeks without rewiring anything but I figured I'd feel better this way, and I do. The laundromat my aunt recommended was super clean and fast and I'm really happy with the results, and the price. So yeah, it's starting to be less of a trip. I also bought a floor fan (moar breezes!) mainly to help with background noise for better sleep. I'm looking forward to my first day off tomorrow (sorry churchgoers, I do need the sleep. Shush, I needed to stay up late blogging too. Needs.) but I'm fairly certain there were at least two pickups and tents still in the field at sunset tonight so I might make church after all.

Today I Harvested: Kittens!
And petted 7! Cats :)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment