16 August 2011

Days 8, 9, and 10

Ok so sometimes I just don't feel like blogging!

It's been a good start to the week. My day off Sunday was pretty nice although I had a cranky attitude all day. I tried to shake it but I think I just needed to be sour a bit, like a shoot of rhubarb.

The employees at my store are a really diverse bunch (for the region) but they all have some things in common, namely that they were unemployed and have pressing needs for the money. It's interesting to hear more about personal backgrounds as we work. I really feel like this is going to be like living in Empire Records except I hope none of them are struggling with drugs and we're selling Ninja Turtle suits instead of Nirvana and The Roots.

Anyway, things are pretty good. I was frustrated after work today because I couldn't find shoes or a dress shirt in my size that I liked, but it's a big back to school rush right now so the same casual and semi-conservative clothes I'm looking for are being snatched up by harried mothers.

I couldn't find the grocery store after my stop at the mall today. I just got too turned around and eventually went home. I heard there's a demolition derby (maybe) tomorrow night in Parker, but was also told it's likely to be sold out. If I had any energy left at the end of the day(one of the reasons I was shopping for comfortable shoes), this would be the kind of ideal local flavor to be taking in. There's also a $3 theater by my store, so I'm thinking I might catch Green Lantern in the next week.

Sunday I Harvested: Serenity



And petted 5 cats! (Monday)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment