20 August 2011

Day 14

Work continues to go smoothly. I love the random costumes that stand out to me. There's a ton of merchandise but ultimately it's all about the costumes.



After work my aunt invited me to join her and my uncle at her corporate picnic. He had described it as some inexpensive food and a little concert. She shared that the last time they had thrown one it had included a concert with Cheryl Crow and Rascal Flatts. This year's was not intended to compete with that massive event but it was still very impressive.

The company is called Sanford Health, which has grown from a Sioux Falls hospital into a massive healthcare network in three states. It's really a cool company and my aunt takes a lot of pride in working for them.



The weather looked kind of uncertain and I was very under-dressed for the fast dropping temperatures.




The below picpost is taken from the perspective of about 200 ft in front of the above Sanford corporate building.



So you can see it's kind of BIG. Also, hi Aunt and Uncle!

Well I don't have a lot of fancy words for this part. They had a "Stomp"-like group, a Circus performer troupe, a cover band called Impulse lead by an American Idol finalist (song range ran from Jackson 5, Beatles, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Black Eyed Peas) and finally a country guy with the last name Azar. I guess he writes and produces too, and they had asked him to write a song about the work the Children's Hospital does. It was kind of a neat thing.








The benefactor spoke briefly (Denny Sanford) and he seemed like a warm and genuine man, and the CEO also spoke briefly and he seemed like a CEO. :)


And they closed the evening with some massive fireworks. It was a cool way to welcome the weekend, and in the words of Steven Azar, "I don't have to be me 'til Monday."

Today I harvested: Corporate largess and goodwill

And petted 1 cats.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment